Do you know that almost 40% of all fireworks injuries are caused by sparklers and firecrackers?
They seem harmless in comparison to the big sonic boomers and are often given to young children.
Promote a Safe Independence Day using these tips:
* Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
* Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
* Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap. After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device to prevent trash fire.
* Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
* Know your fireworks. Read the caution label before igniting.
* Light fireworks one at a time.
* Keep spectators at a safe distance.
* Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Always have a designated shooter.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY FROM VAUGHN INS GROUP, INC